Ain’t got no time to defrost the chicken? Don’t fret! Sweet and savory with a hint of tart – this classic teriyaki chicken – wings is one of the favorites with the kiddos. From freezer to a fresh entree, just throw everything into the Instant Pot and set the time and go. As soon as it beeps, these little wingdings are ready to go into the oven for a quick broil of a whole 4 minutes or so on each side. Isn’t this the simplest way to put a semi char on meat?!
Thanks again to the Instant Pot!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go ahead and enjoy my plate of wings and a cheers to happy pressure cooking without the pressure ;).
2-3 lbs chicken wings (straight from the freezer)
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground ginger
3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp vinegar
Place chicken wings into the pot
Add in all the dry ingredients (sugar, mustard, ginger)
Add in the minced garlic.
Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar
Mix everything up
Close the lid and seal the valve
Select Manual High Pressure and set time to 15 minutes
– Using a towel, very carefully turn the valve towards “Venting” to release the pressure/steam.
– When the pin next to the valve drops, carefully open the lid.
– Give it a taste and adjust. Add some water if it’s too salty, a little salt if its on the bland side.
Note: if sauce is too runny, select “Saute” to thicken or add a mixture of (1 tsp cornstarch to 1 Tbsp water) into the sauce.
– Arrange the wings onto an oven safe pan and ladle some sauce over the wings.
– Broil on High in the oven for about 4 minutes per side.
– Remove from oven and drizzle more of the teriyaki sauce from the pot.
Note: Reserve the remaining teriyaki sauce as seasoning for another dish like tofu or eggs.
Video for reference: