BBQ Ribs in less than an hour w/out slaving over the grill! You heard right! And no you won’t have to make a trip to your fav BBQ joint either. I’m talking about delicious-and-moist-fall-off-the-bone-ribs right in your home for a fraction of the cost. Just dump the ingredients right in your fabulous instant pot, set it and forget it until the timer beeps ;). Or you can start prepping a salad or fries to go along for a complete meal. Then pop it in the oven for a few minutes. Grab your beer and enjoy! Now go and grab your ingredients and get started!
1-2 racks of ribs
favorite seasoning or salt/pepper
1 cup water
3-6 cups BBQ sauce
– Rub seasoning over both sides of rib racks.
– Place ribs upright into the inner pot.
– Pour in 1 cup of water
– Close the lid and turn the valve to “SEALING”
– Choose “Meat/Stew” setting and change time to 20-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your ribs).
– Let it naturally release and once the pin drops indicating the pressure is fully released, safely open the lid.
– Place the rib racks into an oven safe pan.
– Spread on your favorite BBQ sauce on both sides.
– Broil on HI for 6-10 minutes (watch for burns after 6 min.)
– Flip the ribs and broil another 6-10 min. (watch for burns.)
– Spread more BBQ sauce if desired.
Accompanying video for this recipe:
Don’t discard the water! That is some good broth potential right there! I like to use it in various soup recipes or just a side broth. Don’t feel like soup just yet? Go ahead and refrigerate it and skim off the fat layer the when chilled then throw it in the freezer for when you need it.